« Your listing »
Be honest, don’t oversell
An exchange is not a sale or a rent.
You will stay in touch with the family which will come to your home. They can make good or bad recommendations for your exchanges in the futur. Therefore ethical behavior is a must. The one who tries to make a “coup”, who is tempted to make a false description of his/her house, can be banned from the community. His or her counterpart in the exchange would have expressed his disapointment, and alerted the home exchange club.
The best way to be successfull in the house swap world is to present your home exactly as it is. With nice pictures of course :
- lying about the number of rooms
- talking about a terrace when it’s just a balcoon
- saying that everything is close, if you have to take the car to go shopping
- telling that you can welcome six people, if three of them will have to sleep on air bed in the dining room.
- pretending that you are open minded concerning destinations, if you aren’t,
- being too strict with the date
- pretending to have a warm neighborhood if you don’t know your neighboors,
Do not hesitate:
- to tell everything which bothers you (animals, smoking, etc).
- to say a word about your neighbors if they are friends,